Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Results for October 2005

3/6 (6man)
hands played: 5255
amt won: 1333
bb/100: 4.23

1/2 (6man)
hands played: 1884
amt won: 257
bb/100: 6.83

Not a bad month, all things considered. However my profit was reduced because I lost 150 on a random 3/6 table. In the beginning of November I also lost 200 on a shitty PL hand. The results of which are presented below!

I need to
a) stop limping bad cards
b) isolate and destroy players
c) play better HU
d) stop crying calling


***** Hand History for Game 2970436883 *****
$200 PL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, November 02, 18:54:46 EDT 2005
Table Table 66303 (6 max) (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 2: hero ( $188.40 )
Seat 4: Villain ( $426.80 )
Seat 1: win5boys ( $86 )
Villain posts small blind [$1].
win5boys posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ Th 8h ]
hero raises [$7].
Villain raises [$11].
win5boys folds.
hero calls [$5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, 9c, Jc ]
Villain checks.
hero bets [$8].
Villain calls [$8].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jd ]
Villain bets [$20].
hero raises [$101].
Villain calls [$81].
** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]
BUYLXK has joined the table.
Villain bets [$70].
hero is all-In [$67.40]

mcpeepee says I bet the max on my flopped nuts to force him to call. I'm not convinced but I do like that line better than the one I took (bet small, get him hooked, pop him later).

First of all, the raiser has garbage with his minimum raise, almost certainly a suited connector like mine, possibly lower. I should consider reraising preflop with my holding. Secondly, if he has any piece of the flop, he'll probably call a small bet but he may fold a large bet. If he folds, I take down a small pot. If he calls, I'm very happy because it's likely he'll call subsequent bets on the turn and river. Result is that he takes it down on the river with a small flush (73c). He actually wins this 1/3 of the time. I don't think his turn call is correct especially if he thinks I have AJ or any pocket pair, but basically my flop play led me into a crappy position where I had to call the river.

Still up 1k or so for the past 40 days. Not too shabby for a hobby eh.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger McPeePee said...

hooray. Keep it up you luckbox.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

ShareBuilder